So I went to PaleyFest’s True Blood panel tonight:
- HOLY SHIT. I totally underestimated how crazy True Blood fans are, oh my goodness. Thankfully no one dressed up or anything like that, but just did stupid fangirl stuff. People kept shouting out stuff like “I LOVE YOU” and “GORGEOUS” and “WOOOO” at random times during the panel. That got annoying real quick. Idk, sometimes I feel like I’m too old for fandom and this was one of those times.
- It was scary because of the massive crowd that kept pushing and shoving, but I managed to get ASkars, Anna Paquin, and Sam Trammell’s autograph. Yay!
- Basically the ENTIRE cast was there. And they were all very sweet. Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are very adorable. Kristin Bauer and Deborah Ann Woll and Rutina Wesley are gorgeous and fabulous in person. And my very seasonal, summer-only crush on ASkars came back in full swing tonight. SO TALL, you guys.
- During the Q&A, one of the fans wrote ASkars a thank you letter and asked if she could give it to him. He got up and gave her a hug and kissed her on the cheek. That was too cute.
- They showed a scene from the new season. These people were protesting vampires in front of Fangtasia, and Pam is a bad ass (as usual) and Hoyt defends Jessica because they call him a fangbanger. Hearts in my eyes, etc.
- They shared crazy fan stories and ASkars said that a woman wrote him a letter offering him money to marry his daughter. LOL.
- Ugh, I tried making this a text post, but the read more function isn’t working. I’m sorry this is so long.